Submit Guest Post Wonder Land Foods
So You Want to Write for the Wonder Land Foods Blog?
Here’s what you need to know.
The Wonder Land Foods blog has over 8,000 subscribers and attracts more than 25,000 monthly visits. We post about once per week, and we’re always looking for contributors to share their thoughts. We write about food startups, industry trends, national and international food events, and raise awareness about the evolution of our food system.
If you’re interested in writing for the Wonder Land Foods blog, please review this entire page. It answer any question you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
The Writing Guidelines
Successful guest contributions are comprehensive posts that teach our readers something new about the food industry. The best guest blogs are how-to’s, guides, lists, controversial opinions, industry trends, and/or visual posts.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original content, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Article reflects the writing style of the Wonder Land Foods Blog. We aim to be casual, with a flair for fun. Every post we publish must be something we’re immensely proud of, that stands on its own as a resource on a specific topic.
- In that same vein, each post must have headings to organize the content.
- Posts must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
- No more than 1-2 outbound links to your company’s website in the body of the post.
- We will need a headshot, bio, and links to any social networks or websites you would want to include.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- Willingness to share the article once it’s published across your networks – social media, email marketing, etc.
What We Can’t Accept
There are some things we do not accept on the Wonder Land Foods blog:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s overly promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or restaurants.
The Blog Post Submission Process
When you are positive your pitch meets the guidelines above, please email Wonder Land Foods with the following:
- 3 pitches on what you hope to write about, with at least a sentence of explanation for each.
- Wonder Land Foods can also send over ideas of what we would like to see covered on the blog.
When your pitch is approved, a deadline will be set for the completed post. Upon its completion, please send over:
- A Google doc with the completed post
- Image files (with attribution) in a separate folder.
- Short author bio, headshot, and social links including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website.
Becoming a Regular Contributor
Some guest bloggers become regular contributors on a monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly basis. However, those who want to become a regular contributor must first submit a guest blog. They will then be evaluated based on:
- The amount of views to the post
- The amount of subscribers that post accrues
- The amount of social shares about that post
If that post, as a trial run for this contributor, performs better than average in these categories, we will ask the guest blogger if he or she is interested in contributing content on a regular basis.
The Fine Print
- Submissions must meet the Wonder Land Foods blogging team’s quality standards in order to get published.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, or Medium.
- Wonder Land Foods reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content and title as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Wonder Land Foods reserves the right to include calls-to-action and links to our content, including but not limited to blog posts, email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.