One Pan Mexican Cheese with Chicken and Rice
What is your definition of ‘heaven on a plate’? Mine is a plate of chicken covered by cheese. Mexican cheese blend with Chicken and Rice is one of my favorite dishes, as it tastes delicious and can be prepared in just 30 mins.
Mexican shred blend has unique taste and texture, which makes it go well with anything. It melts perfectly and gives a smooth texture.
My husband, along with our kids loves this on their plate. So, I usually cook this dish once a week, and I do like to experiment often while cooking it. It’s so great to see the kids and husband enjoying the meal. Let me share you my best recipe to cook cheese with chicken and rice recipe.
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
White onion ½ cup (finely diced)
Boneless Skinless Chicken 2 cups (bite sized pieces)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Garlic 2 Cloves (minced)
White rice 1 cup (uncooked)
Tomatoes 1 (diced)
Green Chilly 1 (diced)
Enchilada Sauce 2 Tablespoons
Cumin ½ Teaspoon
Mexican Shredded Cheese 1 Cup
Sour Cream ¼ Cup
Avocado ¼ Cup
Coriander ¼ Cup
- Place a pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook onion for about 5 minutes and increase the heat to high.
- Add chicken and fry until it turns brown.
- Put in the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Shift the chicken to one side of the pan.
- Add some olive oil on the remaining side.
- Sauté the rice for minutes in the olive oil.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, tomatoes, cumin, and some water and mix everything.
- Once the mixture boil, decrease the heat to low and let it simmer.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Don’t forget to stir once in a while.
- Sprinkle some cheese and let it sit until the cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream, avocado, and coriander and enjoy.
- Don’t add olive oil until the pan is hot.
- Add a pinch of salt while frying onion if you want tender onions.
- Don’t add rice until the olive is heated.
Do you know chicken breast contains lots of proteins and vitamin B? and Garlic is highly nutritious, and it contains very fewer calories. Cheese is an excellent source of Calcium and Proteins, and avocado contains a high amount of Potassium and Fibre. With lots of good ingredients, One Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice is healthy and nutritious.
About the Author
Rosemary Kobe is a homemaker who loves to play with her two little twin-toddlers at her homes in Sydney & Melbourne. She is one of the greatest foodies in Australia experimenting with a lot of dishes at home and occasionally heads out in search for delicious burgers in Sydney or Melbourne. If you know one – let her know in the comments below or mail me at [firstname.lastname@example.org]