5 Tips For Successful Pizza Stone Shopping
It goes without saying that the choice of pizza stone can either make or break your pie; both literally and figuratively. It is therefore very important for you to take your time before you settle on the perfect stone for all you pizza making needs. This applies whether it is a commercial setup or you simply want one for your DIY at home pizza recipes. When shopping for this all too important tool, there are several factors that you need to take into consideration. Below are some of them and tips to ensure that you make the best possible decision.
How To Pick The Best Stone For You
- Consider the stone’s dimensions This is important for multiple reasons. The first is the fact that the size determines just how big you can make your pizzas. In this case, it is a wiser move to invest in a medium to large-sized pizza stone. This affords you flexibility in terms of size where you can either make small personal pizzas or large ones for larger groups. The dimensions are also important to consider as they determine whether or not the stone will fit in your oven. It is therefore important to ensure that you take your oven’s measurements before you make your final decision.
- Consider the material used This is the most important factor to consider when choosing a pizza stone. The material affects everything from strength and durability to resistance and how well the stone cooks the pizza. Clay is the most popular option on the market and will give you a nice crispy crust. Some stones feature bonus material reinforcements that enhance durability and effectiveness. In this case, one of the best options on the market is Cast Elegance. This is because their stones feature special Thermarite engineering that ensures even heat distribution as well as damage resistance in extremes of temperature.
- Round and square stones are the safest bet Something else that no one will ever tell you while shopping for a pizza stone is the fact that you can never go wrong with round and square pieces. These ensure that you have enough room to exercise your creativity whether you want a classic circular pizza or one in the shape of your child’s favorite cartoon character.
- Consider cooker compatibility Most pizza stones are designed for use in electric ovens. However, there are a few including Cast Elegance stones whose special features allow use over open fire and even coal. This versatility comes as an added advantage especially in the home setting as it allows you to even use your ordinary barbeque grill to bake the pizza.
- Consider price Finally, it is important to consider the price if you want to get full value for the money. All other factors considered, make sure to ask yourself whether the price tag matches the quality and quantity you want. If yes, then you don’t have to hesitate.
Bottom line After all is said and done, size, shape and material are the three most important features to look out for when shopping for a pizza stone. Bonus features like those on the Cast Elegance options are also worth prioritizing as they pretty much guarantee you full value for your money. That way, whether it is a signature recipe for your diner or a fun experiment with your kids at home, your pizza will be perfectly cooked.